Sonrisas Dental Health, Inc. (SDH) is a non-profit dental center dedicated to providing access to quality dental care and oral health education to our community. We provide these services with dignity, respect, and compassion. SDH improves the health of our community members through culturally sensitive, integrated care, with a focus on disease prevention. SDH is a dental home for our patients, providing preventative dental care, mobile dental, general dentistry, geriatric dentistry, pediatric dentistry, sedation dentistry and accommodations for patients with special needs and disabilities. Seventy percent of SDH’s patients are low-income.
We are looking for a dentist to run our Half Moon Bay office and oversee our AEGD resident. Join our incredible team and make our mission yours: Providing access to oral health care to those with physical, intellectual and economic challenges.
About the Position: As an integral part of our dental team, you will be responsible for providing clinical dental services and preventive dental care in our clinic(s) or at one of our mobile community sites.
- Graduation from an accredited dental school (DDS or equivalent) required
- Completion of an accredited general practice residency or AEGD program preferred
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of CA required
- DEA registrations, if applicable
- Current CPR (BLS) from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
- Ability to maintain appropriate clinical privileges required, hospital privileges preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain Professional malpractice insurance
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English are required. Effective oral communication skills in other languages preferred
Fundamental duties include (but are not limited to):
- Examine individuals requesting care, diagnose their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines
- Record patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s electronic dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Complete referrals, Electronic Health Record data collections, and other records or paperwork as required from time to time by the company.
- Compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and company rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, workplace safety, public health and confidentiality
- Educate individuals in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention
- Participate in proctoring and mentoring of an AEGD resident, including: Assistance in treatment planning, Evaluation of treatment pre-, mid-, and post-care, Provide guidance and feedback with a humanistic approach. Chart signing and auditing.
- Assist in the provision of continuing education, on-the-job training, and the orientation of staff as requested
- As directed by the Dental Director or Chief Executive Officer, perform other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives
- Collaborate with the Dental Director or independently to lead clinical team members, as appropriate
- Serves/participates in special projects and other committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $650.00 – $800.00 per day
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Sonrisas follows strict Covid-19 protocols to keep our staff and patients safe, including fitted respirators, HEPA filters, upgraded ventilation and extra-oral suction units.
- Dental License (Required)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org